Saturday, November 30, 2013

Please don't be an asshole

Just be respectful.
Yes, we know Paul walker died in a car crash. Yes, he’s also a star in the fast and furious movies. No, it’s not okay to laugh about it.
Do you understand that he was in a car that slammed into a tree…and then exploded. That is horrible and not something to joke about.
No to mention the fact that this happened during a charity event he was participating in for the Philippines.
I am really upset. I remember watching Joy Ride with my friend and forming a crush on Paul.
I remember watching Eight Below, knowing it was going to be sad, but I watched it because Paul was in it.
I shamelessly love the Fast & Furious franchise. I have fond memories of watching them during sleepovers with my friend and fangirling over Paul. 
I’m still shocked over this. Paul Walker was one of those crushes that was always there. It was subtle. Not like the fanatic crush I have on Tom Hiddleston or Benedict Cumberbatch. But I would always stop and watch a Fast & Furious movie when I was channel surfing. I would smile at his tweets. Seeing the occasional photo pop up on my dash was refreshing.
I say all of this to make a point. I know there will be idiots out there who will laugh about the way he died. It makes me angry to demean someone’s death because it was “ironic”. Cut the shit and act descent.
Or in other words:
Don’t be an asshole and show some respect.

RIP Paul Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment